I am a lover of beer. There are particular moments in my life that I’ll deem it appropriate to have multiple beers and times where I prefer to have a new flavor (or two), but I always go back to one special beer during the critical window of opportunity that occurs in the hour after an outdoor activity. This brief, important time won’t define the day as a success, merely being outside and enjoying a relaxing, stress free day usually guarantees success. The hour however, can turn a bad day on the water into a storied filled evening or a long, grueling hike into a perfect, late afternoon nap with your dog. A special beer is meant for a special time and for me that beer is a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
In my mind no other beer is as perfect as a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, containing the precise recipe that appeals to my pallet, no other beer is a worthy of gracing my presences during the lingering euphoric high of an outdoor activity. It doesn’t matter if I’ve been skiing, fishing, climbing, or hiking, the only thing that could possibly bring me back down to reality in a hurry is a poor choice of beer, so I make it a point to never to stray from my perfect beer. But please understand that I am by no means a beer snob, I’ve had my fair share of crappy beer, and I’m still known to pick up a 12 pack of Pabst when cash is short. What ever your favorite beer is, that should be your after beer, and I’m not here to tell you you’re wrong and I’m right, I’m just here to give you my prospective.
The after beer is actually a small glimpse into my life as an outdoor enthusiast. In my years working and selling in the outdoor industry I’ve come across many people who believe that some of the expensive things that we use for our outdoor pursuits are not necessary, why buy a the expensive waders when the cheaper ones keep the water out just as well? I’ve always answered truthfully, explaining that you don’t need these things to get out and have fun, but it may make your time more enjoyable. The after beer is a lot like the expensive gear, it makes your day just that much more enjoyable. So please, everyone support your local shop, go get outside and enjoy your perfect after beer.
P.S. Don’t drink and drive
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment