First let me apologize for my past couple of posts, you don't really want to hear me rant, and besides, the name of the blog is "Ramblings of Scott" not "Rants of Scott." So I thought I'd start my first installment of "Things I Love" which will include all things I love over the coarse of time (original name, I know), so here we go.
Things I Love: Skiing
-Weather.com, Noaa.gov, Accuweather.com and any other website that I can find long range forecasts to build the anticipation
-The rumble of the avalanche control work in the morning
-Being scared while driving to the hill, because of the weather conditions
-The low hum of the lifts turning
-The smell of cold, dry, snow (if you've experienced a powder day in Utah, you know what I'm talking about
-Two words: Lake Effect
-When 8" some how turned into 2'
-Showing up to the parking lot, and its only a few rows full
-Dropping into a "perfect" tele turn
-Watching little snow gangstas eat it
-Three day old powder stashes
-Dropping into the next "perfect" run (not too steep, not too flat, a few trees and completely untouched, dry, deep powder)
-The phrase "Pow, pow is shwank"
-The fact that my wife now continually refers to herself as a "powderwhore"
-The afterbeer (and then several more there after) accompanied by a Little Caesar's pizza or phat nachos (yep, I said phat)
-Racing down groomers
-Tree skiing
-Yard Sales by Matt
-Faceshots
-Days that can be describes only as "too deep"
-Superbowl Sunday, 28" of fresh pow, getting into LCC before the gate closed, realizing that its you, your buddy, and maybe 100 other people waiting for the first lift to open while its still absolutely puking
But most of all, I love the pure joy experienced by sliding down a mountain on two very expensive boards, going way too fast and that smile that never leaves my face the entire time.
Think Snow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We had a dusting of snow this morning and it made me sick to my stomach...I hope that this ski season is great for you guys...
I like the idea that you are not going to "rant". This was an interesting blog. Neat information.
Post a Comment