Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Goals for 2009

I hate New Years Resolutions, that's why I've waited so long to post this blog. Well, not really, I'm just lazy, but needless to say, I hate New Years Resolutions. I never, and I mean never keep them, so this year I'm doing something different:

Goals for 2009

Yeah, I know, I'm a genius.

In all seriousness, I'm a goal driven person, last year my big goal was to ski once a month, for 12 straight months... I made it nine. Hey, 3 out of 4 dentist recommend Crest (TM) and they're freaking doctors, so what is wrong with coming close every once in a while. This year I have a few more goals, but generally, most pertain to getting out and enjoying the mountains. So, in the words of the Joker, here... we... go.

Be a great husband - 2009 will be my first full calendar year as a husband, so I figure I should be an awesome one (note to self, copy and paste goal for every year, for the rest of my life)

Graduate - finally

Continue my fly fishing at least once a month streak - 12 months and counting, with absolutely no signs of letting up

Take up trail running - I'm kinda on my way on this one, but seeing how its about 5 degrees outside and everything is snow covered, I'll have to wait on the "trail" part. Although, the gym is a great place for me to get motivated.

Run a 10k - I'll probably wait for a bit to try this one, but I want to something cool, like a race in Moab, not just an everyday "Dave's Race for the Cure of Rabies 10k/5k/Fun Run" at a local park.

Go at least a month without eating at a fast food joint (excluding Subway) - look, I know Subway isn't the best thing for you, but it's the only thing that's near the office that's semi-healthy

Take more pictures - really, this has more to do with getting out more, but some times I take my camera and then don't take pictures, what the hell is that about?

Peakbagging - I used to love climbing mountains, and I moved here to do that (and a bunch of other things), so this year I'm jumping back on that horse

Sub-goal - Kings Peak in a day, Totewanna to Quandary link up, maybe Fremont Peak in a day

To Be Continued - no, I'm not posting another blog on this, but I don't limit myself to just these goals, I want to continue exploring and really introduce myself to the Utah I moved here to enjoy



PS: Gain a Cult-like following for this blog like my sister-in-law over at abbyed.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Abby Ed said...

Cult-like? If only they'd give me their money...your list and my list could not be any more different...

Unknown said...

I'm just now getting around to reading your blog. I'm sorry, but I just forgot about it. Anyway, I have it bookmarked now on my opening page to the Internet so I will try to keep up with it. Of course, I see that you are quite as diligent as Abby as is regarding updating it so I think I can keep up. BTW I like your goals -- especially graduating. Imagine me saying that....